Written By: Margare Peterson Haddix
Published By: Aladdin Paperbacksin February of 1997
Fiction - Novel - Contemporary Realistic Fiction/ Historical Fiction
Jessie lives with her family in the frontier village of Clifton, Indiana, in 1840 -- or so she believes. When diphtheria strikes the village and the children of Clifton start dying, Jessie's mother reveals a shocking secret -- it's actually 1996, and they are living in a reconstructed village that serves as a tourist site. In the world outside, medicine exists that can cure the dread disease, and Jessie's mother is sending her on a dangerous mission to bring back help.
WOW!!!.... I absolutely loved this book!! As I was reading it, I realized I read this in elementary school and just fell in love with it all over again. This is definitely my new favorite book. It keeps you on edge the entire time and it is very engaging. I probably told about 10 different people about this book and how great it was. I would love to read this to a fifth or sixth grade class. It teaches perseverance and love. It also makes you think about what you have and how it may not be as important as you thought it was.
*****
I give this book 5 stars out of 5!!!!!
22 points

103 points
ReplyDeleteJust novels
103 points
ReplyDeleteJust novels