Pictures By:Karen Weinhaus
Publisher: Harper Collins on July 19, 1981
Fiction - Poetry Novel
Poem Stew Through the teeth
And past the gums
Look out stomach
Here it comes!
A feast of hilarious poems about food written by such popular writers as William Cole, Odgen Nash, John Ciardi, and Shel Silverstein. Seasoned with Karen Ann Weinhaus's comical illustrations, these poems are sure to hit your funny bone and whet your appetite for more.
I enjoyed this book of poems, because they were all about different foods and had humorous ways of connecting us with it. There was a poem about onions and how they make you "as sad as a man can be," one about the ketchup bottle and how first a little comes out and when you tip it, a lot comes out, one about a kid being a garbage disposal and eating the leftovers off every body's plate, one about how funny hard it is for dads to lose weight, because they just keep eating, one about how kids are always told to talk without food in their mouth, one with a twisted version of humpty dumpty, and many other humorous poems. There were a few that were outdated that would not make sense to kids, so I wouldn't recommend reading the entire book, but just select a few poems to put on the board in class.
***
I give this 3 stars out of 5
25 points
***
I give this 3 stars out of 5
25 points

No comments:
Post a Comment