Publisher: Candlewick Press on 2/10/2000
Chapter Book - Fiction - Contemporary Realistic Fiction
Age: 9 and up
Newbury Honor
Ten-year-old India Opal Buloni's mother walked out on her seven years ago, and she's been asking about her ever since so that she won't forget her. But when she moves to Naomi, Florida, and befriends a lively stray dog, the canine helps her meet some unusual characters who teach her about love, life, and forgiveness.
I remember reading this book in elementary school and being so drawn into the story. After reading it again, I realized this would be a great book to read out loud in class for students who may feel alone. The theme teaches values of friendship and love. It also teaches that it is important not to judge others, because you do not know what they are going through.
****
I would give this book 4 stars out of 5
20 Points

37 points total
ReplyDelete37 points total
ReplyDelete